Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Simple Life...

We have just been going non-stop as I am sure that All of you have been. Let me sum up quickly:

* Mother's Day was great... the kids/Jeff got me hydrangeas (my favorite flower). Happy LATE Mother's Day to all of you great Mamas and Mamas to Be!
* Alli turned 14! She celebrated by going with her best friend to supper and getting manicures.. and a sleepover. She got an Ipod Touch from us, which when you ask if she likes it, she says, "oh, yes, I am OBSESSED with it. It is AMAZING!" (the 2 bolded words are in constant rotation in her teen vocabulary). I have yet to get a regular Ipod...lol. I bet it would be pretty funny to see me walking the track with my walkman cassette player...I do miss listening to my Poison and Skid Row tapes.
* Alli is volunteering a the local hospital and a nearby assisted living home. She loves both. Her team won their first softball game, and she will run cross country in the fall, so she has started training for that. Cheer camp will come soon enough, and she just cannot wait to get her uniform! :-) Her schedule exhausts me, but she tells me she loves to be busy... me, not so much... I like to be still! lol!
* Jeff is finishing the school year. He loves his job, but the final several weeks leading to graduation are filled with activities and work for him... and excitement for the kids... especially the seniors. He is looking forward to "presiding" over his second graduation ceremony. He has been busy with observations and teacher interviews... and has even started getting ready for next year's schedule. He will be REALLY happy next weekend when the summer work schedule starts, and all of the kids are safely graduated.
* Memorial Day weekend was WONDERFUL. We worked in the yard all week... it is shaping up. Saturday, Jeff's folks came and took Alli to the mall shopping for her birthday. She had a great time. They came back to visit with us here, and of course got a kick out of Mario. They brought him a flag to which he promptly says "Bama"... not sure where he got that?
* Sunday, we went to a picnic at a friends house... they rented one of those bouncy obstacle things... we thought he would LOVE it.. WRONG! He freaked out! He did hug every single child about 100 times...whether they wanted it or not.. I kept telling him "no means no" but he seemed to think that their lips said no and their eyes said yes...lol. He liked when Alli took him on the trampoline! I personally enjoyed talking to big people!
*Monday we spent some time with my parents doing what I love... eating and sitting on their porch! Of course, through ALL of these events, I did not take pictures.. but last evening, Jeff took Mario outside to water, and I took these cuties! He just loves the water! Hope your weekend was as lovely as ours!





such a helper!
Do I HAVE to go inside????


post signature

10 comments:

Cherrie said...

We so have to take Mo (and I guess the other kids...LOL) to the Cranberry Pool. They have have a neat spray area for little kids.

Tell him to stay out of the miracle grow...he has to stay little!!

Cherrie

Our Family of 5 said...

My word he is cute!!

Rose said...

my fav. flower is hydrangea too! and your yard looks so green.
Just reading how busy you are makes me tired. Whew! Mo looks precious as always.

Laurie said...

You guys are one busy family! I love the pictures of Mo in the water. Tooo adorable!

Anonymous said...

Lots of great stuff going on with you guys!
Cute pictures!

Mandy said...

Those pics are basically all sorts of adorable! I enjoy the simple life too. =)

Annie and Greg said...

That is pretty much how the watering goes around here - a little bit of watering the garden and a lot of watering the kids and the pup.

Hilary said...

Cute pictures and Happy 14th Birthday to Miss Alli!!

Trina G. said...

your yard looks great. Hoses and boys....perfect.

Trina G. said...

your yard looks great. Hoses and boys....perfect.