Saturday, July 4, 2009

THANK YOU!

After getting the comment from my father today (who seriously, I thought did not even read the blog) saying that "since you aren't keeping that blog anymore..."... at that point I knew I better update...

I have LOTS to tell, but the reality of it is, we have just been busy.....summer is busy (I also needed a new camera card and had not been really out and about to get it)! I will do a series of posts over the next few days to update. I need to not worry about my P's and Q's in every post and stress about it... I need to take the attitude that you are here to see the kids, to read what is up with us... you are not her to be critical...so I will just update more and stress less, how about that?

We will start with school ending...Jeff's summer schedule is a bit more flexible (yes, folks, principals DO work in the summer... they do more than discipline kids - lol!). I love him coming home for lunch on occasion and being able to take off to work on some projects!

Speaking of projects: My SUPER in-laws came down a few days, and with Jeff's help, they prepped and put in a sidewalk! It is WONDERFUL. It was a lot of back-breaking work for them (I did pick up a shovel once...then I handed it to Jeff, lol...Mario and I did a lot of playing in the kiddie pool and cheering them on!), but it is SO worth it. We really love how it looks! I call it my runway and have taken to doing my best Tyra Banks impression many an evening. Who knew that a sidewalk could be this much fun. We have yet to break out the sidewalk chalk...since it seriously has rained every blessed day since the concrete set! :-)

We are really grateful for Jeff's parents' expertise and labor with this project. Jeff learned a lot... the main things he learned:
*digging is hard
*his dad has a bit more stamina than him (although Jeff would not like to admit that)
*you DO need those upper level math skills of algebra and geometry
*concrete sets quickly... VERY quickly on hot days
*he is glad he did not chose concrete or ditch digging as a career - hard work!

Here are some pictures of the wonderful finished product... and a BIG THANK YOU to Jeff's folks for all of their help and hard work.. We LOVE the sidewalk:






post signature

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Wooo a new update! Strut your stuff on that runway and I will be watching for your debut on America's Next Top Model. I am still slightly disappointed there aren't hand or feet prints in that concrete.